Festivals and celebrations
Tender category: Heritage
1. Project name (in native language)
Gromadska on umbilical Mikolay schodo in: problems of cultural spadini the traditions of the Polish ethnos
2. Project title (in English)
Social activity in Mykolaiv to preserve cultural heritage and traditions of the Polish ethnic group
3. Brief description of the project (project objectives, activities, participants, results, impact on participants, sustainability/continuation) (max 300 characters)
The main goal of the project is to preserve cultural heritage and traditions of the Polish ethnic group in the city of Nikolaev and the Nikolaev area through cooperation of Ukrainian, Polish, international public and governmental organizations.
Within the project the following actions are planned, aimed at studying the historical past of the Polish ethnic group in nikolayevshchina:
1.The conclusion of the study of the necropolis of Polish graves in Nikolaev and S. Kiselyovka (former Polish settlement Polacco) of the snigirevsky region of the Nikolaev area.
2.Publication of printed materials for the conservation of cultural heritage and traditions of the Polish ethnic group in Nikolavshchina, including the re-release of the 2-volume work “the Poles in the South of Ukraine: history and modernity”.
3.Further work on the issue of the newspaper of the Nikolaev regional society of poles “Kotwica”.
4.The publication of regional newsletter in S. Kiselyovka (former Polish settlement Polacco).
5.Preparations for the release of the album “Poles in nikolayevshchina: landmarks and personality”.
6. Finalization of the site of the Nikolaev regional society of poles and systematic Supplement it regularly.
7. Organization and financing of the trael of members of the Nikolaev regional society of poles in Poland to familiarize themselves with Polish traditions and improvement of the Polish language (in summer language schools for children and adults, courses, festivals, workshops).
8. The collection and cataloging of “oral” evidence and video footage of the poles stay in nikolayevshchina, their daily lives and experiences of inter-ethnic relations.
Participants: Elizabeth Peasant, Tatyana Gubskaya, Mykhaylo Bagmet, Vyacheslav Andreev, Natalia Rozhansky, Basil FLIC FLAC, Tatiana Pron, Neonila Miscavige, Natalia Shvets, Natalia Hlan, Larissa Ryzhenko, Svetlana Matyazh, Marina Gozalov.
Due to the fact that the Nikolaev regional society of poles created in 1997, currently continues its work and is planning further activities, participation in the proposed project undoubtedly will be further developed in the future.
4. Originality and innovativeness (max 1000 characters)
The focus of activists of the Nikolaev regional society of poles, cultural institutions (the Nikolaev Museum of local lore), local authorities, scientific potential and image of the rating of the black sea state University. P. Graves in Ukraine, the South and abroad will:
a) to optimize the achievement of positive results for the conservation of historical and cultural heritage and traditions of the Polish ethnic group in the region;
b) to provide full support to the cooperation between Ukraine and Poland, the European aspirations of the region’s population;
C) to strengthen the historical and national memory, to establish communication poles of nikolayevshchina and Poland.
– comprehensive coverage of different activities aimed at preserving cultural heritage and traditions of the Polish ethnic group in Nikolayevshchina;
– creation of single information space for the rapid exchange of information between the project participants;
– transparency of activities, increased cooperation with community organizations to build a democratic civil society.
5 .Planned and achieved results and goals, and potential risks of the project (max 1500 characters)
1.With the support of the Nikolaev regional public administration of the Nikolaev regional Council of the Nikolaev city Council and the public of the city of Nikolaev and area in 2011 from communal property of Nikolaev received in a long-term lease of the premises for the Nikolaev regional society of poles and repairs carried out by members of the society.
2.For 9 years the Nikolaev regional society of poles, the newspaper “Kotwica”, a periodical which requires support.
3.In 2008 in Nikolayev supported by the Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Ukraine Ukrainian and Polish scientists published a 2-volume work “the Poles in the South of Ukraine: history and modernity”, which needs further revision and reissue.
4.Currently, the average Kiselevsky school (former Polish settlement Polacco) is a Museum of the history of Polish immigrants.
1. Acquaint the public with the activities of the Nikolaev regional society of poles, heritage and traditions of the Polish ethnic group in the city of Nikolaev and the Nikolaev area by Kotwica newspaper.
2. Placement of materials on the activities of the Nikolaev regional society of poles on the site on the INTERNET.
3. Improving the functioning of Polish language courses for children and adults of representatives of the Polish ethnic group. and other nationalities.
4.Joint Ukrainian-Polish seminars, conferences, festivals and other activities related to the heritage and traditions of the Polish people.
5.Establishing contacts Nikolaev Polish community with representatives of the provinces and communes of the Republic of Poland and the trips to Poland in a series of radio programmes, television and periodicals.
6. Time and place/ m esta project
Implementation period: October 2014 – October 2017
Location: city of Nikolaev, the Nikolaev area
7. Promotion of the project (with special reference to non-standard and innovative forms or specificity of promotion in this state/area) (max 1000 characters)
1.The strengthening of the relations of the Nikolaev regional society of poles with the Consulate General of the Republic of Poland in Odessa, Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Ukraine with the purpose of successful implementation of the project “Social activity in Mykolaiv to preserve cultural heritage and traditions of the Polish ethnic group”, which will contribute to the implementation of the political and economic parts The Association agreement and the establishment of a free trade zone between Ukraine and the European Union and the implementation of European standards in all spheres of Ukrainian society.
2.The expansion of the Scholarship Program.Lane Kirkland for the purpose of internships, research on the Polish language in the various government agencies and universities of the Republic of Poland.
8. Project budget (in Euro)
Own contribution: EUR 20 000
Other sources of funding. 40 000 euros, aimed at organizing joint Ukrainian-Polish activities previously identified in the project objectives, with particular attention to the Museum Point high school, which is dedicated to the life and work of the Polish ethnic group in nikolayevshchina.
Together: 60 000 Euro.
9. The project partners (up to 10)
Title: Nikolaev regional Council.
Function in the project. Organizational activity.